- “Smudge-proof makeup tips for long days behind the camera”
- “Seasonal Flats: these flats will keep your feet covered, comfortable and cute while you’re on photo shoots”
- “Step-by-Step: create these beautiful lanterns for your studio”
- “Beauty Dish: New Jersey-based wedding photographer dishes about her camera-ready style”
- “Luminous Lenses: Shoot in style with these designer lens protection wraps”
- “Hanging Tough: These camera straps are stylish yet tough just like you”
-Headlines from PDN’s new women’s magazine, Pix
Photo District News have launched a new photography-focused digital magazine for women called Pix, a few screenshots from which are presented above. It’s a doozy. Jezebel is on the case: Finally, Lady Photojournalists Get Their Own Photo Ladymag Full of Lady Stereotypes. You can read through the whole first issue here, and the next issue will be available via iTunes in December 2012.
In more serious women-in-photography news, two women have been nominated to Magnum (Zoe Strauss and Bieke Depoorter, alongside Jerome Sessini), Isadora Kosofsky has won the 2012 Inge Morath Award, and as Matt wrote previously, the Alexia Foundation has started a $25,000 Women’s Initiative grant.